Sunday, June 15, 2014

Vogue 7375 -1952 Pre-Construction Details.

 The original directions in VoNBBS say nothing of interfacing. The cotton gingham is very light weight and a bit limp. I feel some sort of support is needed in the waistband. I'm using cotton organza which is sewn in the old fashions way. I find I get less stretching and shifting by hand basting the interfacing to the fashion fabric.
 Here I've marked off the overlap at the center back for the waistband and pressed the facing edge up a 1/2 inch.
Here you can see I've marked the center front of the waist with some long basting. This will help me distribute the gathering evenly.
 Finally, I used a small piece of iron-on interfacing along the seam edge where the zipper will be sewn. The gives the zipper some support on the very light cotton. After each piece is prepared for construction, I pin them in place on my dress form right-side out. This keeps left and right and inside and outside in the correct order. I also don't loose things as I go about construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment