Wednesday, January 18, 2017
From 1952 The Sheath Dress
This is a reproduction from the Vogue Book for Better Sewing (c1952). It is the Late Day Sheath Dress. I've made it up twice; once in a printed linen and the second time in black linen. Both dresses fit well but I took a little width from the neckline between the green linen and the black linen. This drew the straps together a bit more and made the dress easier to wear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October
Nearly three-quarters of a year have passed since writing. Time has slipped, not only over the year but through the years. It feels as if ne...
-
How many times have you opened your closet door and sighed, "I haven't got a thing to wear," yet the rack is over stuffed with...
-
The summer sewing really hasn't been too bad despite having to service all the sewing machines and taking a vacation that was twice th...
No comments:
Post a Comment