Sunday, August 28, 2016

New Skirt New Look 6583

The summer sewing really hasn't been too bad despite having to service all the sewing machines and taking a vacation that was twice the normal length.

Here's a tulle skirt project. I really like the fully gathered tulle skirts shown with casual tees and denim jackets. The effect is a little too young for me, but this is an attempt to bring the look to a more grown up ensemble. I chose a grey tulle with a sedate silver grey lining.



I used New Look 6583 as a pattern except I added two very deep box pleats; one each side of center on the front and on the back. The pleats gave more fullness to the  skirt at the hem while remaining flat and trim at the waist. This was quick sewing project. I have made this skirt several times. I hardly need to look at the instructions any longer. 

Now that I've got the tulle skirt, the up to the minute look of a tee shirt and denim is just not me and far too youthful. I think a different kind of blouse is called for here. Hmmmm....off to stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment