Monday, July 10, 2017

Daydream Doily

Doilies are very old fashioned.They are viewed as something belonging to the past when antimacassars were an essential part of each sitting room. Doilies protected tables from scratches from vases, lamps and brica-brac. We have little of this these days. And who has a sitting room reserved for only the best of guests? Not I. But I still like a good doily. I can't explain it. I can't justify it. I can't not have a new one.

This one was the third one I tried this summer. I had a bit of cotton thread left but I had no idea how many yards where left on the spool and I did know that the modern thread was thicker than the original called for in the antique pattern directions. So I guessed and I guessed wrong, not once but twice! The first two selected patterns are noted for future doily derangement. This is the third pattern chosen and it's called the Daydream Doily #7318. It's from a old book I own called "The Complete Book of Crochet" by Elizabeth L. Mathieson.

T

Daydream Doily #7318 - about 14inches in diameter.

Front hall table.

No comments:

Post a Comment