Friday, February 12, 2016

A Small Rework

I've reworked my red polka dot dress a little.




On the left is the old dress, on the right the new look. I replaced the buttons and took in the bodice darts. I've got a bit better fit and the red buttons blend into the dress unobtrusively. It's better, but the red color is more suited to summer in Belgium rather than February. The dress is going into the summer wardrobe.

My previous closet cleaning post has revealed some interesting results. I have lived out of my "spark joy" clothes for two weeks. I have retrieved only two items from my seven bags of discards. One was a brand new black cotton cardigan and the other and black and white checked scarf. The rest I don't miss in the least.

I did learn that I prefer skirts and blouses to dresses in my winter wardrobe and that can be seen by my past sewing projects on the blog.  I think that trend should continue. There is one thing I am missing, white shirt. I tossed all of my old ones because their time had come. It's time for a new crisp white shirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment