Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Finally, I've nailed it!

I've had some time to get back to my copy of Vogue's New Book for Better Sewing. I've worn my two previous versions of the Slim Chemise Dress and tossed one of them out because the fabric was just not right for the project. Sometimes, only wearing an outfit for awhile will tell me what is wrong with it. I suppose this mostly falls from the fact that I sew for myself and by myself. I don't have another knowledgeable sewer nearby for fitting help, so fitting problems drag on for months in my studio. Enough about what ails me and let's move on to a minor accomplishment.

I am finally happy with my drafted version of Vogue 7231 - The Slim Chemise Dress. I finally understood the problem with the collar and pulled grain line of the front slashed opening. Below is a "photo" of the dress again in a navy blue linen. It is a comfortable dress that is easy to wear. It falls into the casual dress category and I am very pleased with the navy blue.

The grey plaid dress and the light blue linen dress have been pulled from the wardrobe. The grey became a wadder project and the light blue is in the "well...the yardage is good pile". This keeps the net gain to the closet in the negative territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment