Monday, July 28, 2014

Simplicity 2758 - The Denim Skirt is Finished.

I'm pleased with the results of Simplicity 2758. The uneven hemline is because of my uneven hip line. I compensate for it two ways. I adjusted this pattern at the waist and at the hemline, making about half the needed adjustment in each place. This way I don't get too much distortion in either place. The raised hip is one reason I sew. I cannot get a ready-to-wear skirt to hang straight with reworking just the hemline. I need to adjust the waist too, at that point, I might as well sew the garment.


The waist band detail is nice. It's not too fussy, but adds some interest to an otherwise plain Jane garment. The light weight denim was easy to work with and gave me crisp pressing lines for the center box pleat.


Here's the modeled garment. Even with the belt, I'm please with the look.

Garment finish: A
Fit: A
Choice of Materials: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment