Thursday, July 17, 2014

Simplicity 2758 - Planning and Drafting


The next project is a denim skirt. I've chosen a Simplicity pattern, number 2758. It's from their "Threads - Step by Step" range. These patterns tend to be well drafted and this one has a blouse with C and D cup options. That's right up my street! I could use a nice blouse for next fall, but for now, back to the skirt.

The skirt is very simple. It's an A-line silhouette with a large inverted pleat at the center front seam. There is some waist line detail on this skirt. It has some optional belt loops which are really cute. I've decided to include those in my project since the skirt is smooth with no fullness at the waist seam. I've chosen a light weight cotton denim for this project. The first job is adjusting the pattern for my waist line without adding extra to the hip. After that, it should be a straight forward project.

No comments:

Post a Comment