Thursday, July 24, 2014

Simplicity 2758 - Preparing the Details

 Here's all the pattern pieces cut out and I'm ready to mark them. You can see that I've redrafted the skirt pieces. I have to grade up for a wider waist and I also accounted for a higher hip. The waistband has extra length, but the other detail pieces for the inverted pleat and the belt loops remain the same.


 I took the time to work out the top stitching detail for the skirt. I was right in doing so, as the tension between the heavy top thread and the normal bobbin need to be carefully balanced. I'll admit that there was much muttering under my breath and lot of scraps in the wastecan before I got it to look correct.
The belt loops were fussy little bits. The curve was tight and needed to be clipped and trimmed evenly. They are slightly off from one another, but I am not a factory robot either. The top stitching had to be done very slowly. I had to stop and turn for every stitch on the inner curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment