Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Back to the One Meter Skirt.


Image result for butterick 4461
 I had originally purchased two one meter pieces of fabric to be used to make a chemise dress. After I decided that silhouette was not for me, these fabrics went to the stash. My stash is much too large and so I made a 1 meter skirt. This is from Butterick 4461.  I made View A in size 14 and I added  about 3 inches to the length. Let's say this another way, when I laid out the pattern on the fabric, I took as much extra length as I had fabric. The heavier twill and more somber color lends itself to a longer skirt. The summer breezy cottons shown on the pattern envelope are better suited to the knee length design.







 I lined the skirt with a grey lining fabric, also from my stash. Here it is on my dressmaker's dummy with the blouse from the last post. It a very simple slightly A-line skirt with no waistband and two front and back darts for shaping. The zip is at the center back.




 Front View - It is so plain that there isn't much to talk about.
I would call this piece a wardrobe basic. One of those items that gets worn a lot with everything.


Here it is fresh out of the closet and tossed on the floor next to my other one meter project, a camp shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment