Friday, April 21, 2017

The Demise of a Sweater

Just over two years ago, I wrote about a knitting project on this blog, The Bluebell Sweater. This month I frogged, or dismembered, dismantled, unpicked and unraveled this sweater. And here are the photos to prove it.
The sweater stretched to size XXL.


The yarn which gave me the sweater and its problems.


The unpicked skeins plus two unused balls.


The yarn soaking in cold water overnight.



Draining like spaghetti for teenage boys.





Laying the yarn in a towel




Tied for the dryer.



Everything I have, all balled up.








And that my friends, is two days of work. One to unpick and put the skeined yarn to soak. The second to dry the yarn and reball it. I also went shopping after soaking the yarn and found a new pattern for the old yarn plus two more balls of brown which you see in the above photo. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment