Friday, May 9, 2014

More about New Look 6808

 When I've finished tailor tacking and marking all the pattern points, I carefully remove the paper pattern and cut the tailor tacks. Above you can see that I've more or less pinned the cut pieces, right side out, onto my dress form. I do this to keep to keep organized. I tend to loose things mid -project. I also have poor lighting in the evening and if I determine right side out, left and right ahead of time, it saves ripping, picking, tears and money into the swear jar.
This pattern has many darts for fitting. Here's a view of the front as I marked and pinned in the bust darts. From here on out, it simply a matter of sewing up side seams, applying a lapped zipper and facing the neckline and armholes. Simple? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment