Thursday, May 29, 2014

Three Rectangles

 

Looking at the illustrations in VoNBBS gave me a good idea of the shape and dimensions of the original Vogue 7375 pattern. I decided to make the front panel 11 inches wide with a center front fold giving me a 22 inch wide cut. The length is finished skirt length plus 1/2 inch for the upper seam and 3 inches for the hem depth.

The two back panels are 33 inches wide. These three pieces will be sewn together to make the skirt body. The zipper will be applied to the center back seam. (I'm quite sure Betty Freidan and Maya Angelou would have a few choice words for me at seeing they had been reduced to pattern weights for the afternoon and perhaps my nightstand reading is bit too personnel for a sewing blog.)

 
Finally, I measured a waistband I liked for the width and used my waist measurement and added 1 inch for ease, 1 inch for end seams and 2 inches for overlap. Viola! Three rectangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment