Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New Look 6808 in Chocolate Linen


I don't need many supplies for this project. I've chosen is a chocolate brown linen fashion fabric from my stash. I bought this fabric from G-Street Fabrics last time I was in Washington, DC. In addition, the pattern calls for some thread, a zipper and a bit of interfacing.


 Here's the project mapped out on my cork board. This habit keeps me from losing all the bits and pieces during the work process. I thought this pattern fit pretty well straight from the envelope, so I didn't do any major adjustments.

Here are the cut pieces ready for tailor tacking and marking of all points and darts. I take the time to mark with thread on most projects because it is often a long time before I get time to sew after cutting and many other kinds of markings disappear with time and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment