Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Simplicity 2758 - Darts and Front Bands

 What a pleasure it is to simply cut an appropriately drafted blouse. Kudos to the pattern companies that are drafting C and D cup patterns. Here's the blouse bodice front and back assembled and ready for the details. I can tell already that this will fit nicely. The fabric is quite soft and not holding a nice crease, so "crispness" is going to be hard to come by in this project.
 Front bands are the bane of my existence. Once these go wrong, collar stands go wrong, collars go wrong... I should just stop here at this step. So jumping off into the details of shirt making and having David Coffin's book on "Shirtmaking" at my elbow, I proceed carefully and baste, baste, baste. Taking my time with marking tends to help tremendously.

Yippee! Nicely done front bands. There is hope for the remainder of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment