Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Simplicity 1590 - Construction

 I always, always, always baste and check dart placement, especially after a full-bust adjustment. Sometimes the project is a wadder right then and there. It saves disappointment in the end with an ill-fitting finished garment. As I cannot fit the garment and photo the garment at the same time on me, you get a photo of  "Judy" wearing the blouse. Judy is just about my size, but I find I get a better fit if I slip the garment on for final okay. So...the dart is in the correct position and stops before the bust point and I've got no front blouse gapping.. I can proceed.
Here's the front before buttons and button holes. I'm not thrilled with the transparency of the fabric. I guess this one will fall under the category of "must wear a camisole."

No comments:

Post a Comment