Friday, October 3, 2014

Vogue 7436 - 1952 The Slim Skirt - Top and Bottom

 I can't bore you with endless construction details for this project. The reason is simple. I got involved in this project and didn't surface to breathe until I was nearly finished. I just didn't think about photos until it's too late. Here are a couple photos of the nearly finished skirt.



 Draping was the way to go for me on this project. I was able to adjust pleat and dart arrangements for my specific problems without feeling I was violating some unwritten rule about following a pattern religiously. I blame my 8th grade home economics teacher for this. I still don't mix my blueberry muffins without hearing that woman's withering comments. But that's another post on another blog, maybe with my analyst.

Above is the top of the skirt and the center back seam. I left it extra wide for "extra pounds, " later...let's hope not. The wool is finished with black bias tape and the zipper is set by hand with a prick stitch. The entire skirt is lined.

 Below is the bottom of the skirt or hem. I've interfaced the hemline with some muslin to pad out the the turn of the hem so I don't get a sharp crease. There is bias tape applied to the wool and the hem will be stitched in place by hand with a catch stitch. The lining is hemmed separately with a deep double fold hem for extra weight to prevent riding and bunching.

No comments:

Post a Comment