Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Vogue's New Book for Better Sewing - Vogue 7436 - A Slim Skirt

After completing the first VoNBBS project,  the Full Gathered Skirt, without much trouble in the pattern drafting department.  What I really mean is that I knew I couldn't get into much trouble with three rectangles. It's time to choose a project that isn't a complete rectangle...well almost. It's a rectangle with a kick pleat on the back seam.

The pencil skirt is a fashion icon that is still in our wardrobes today. I have several of them and I wear them constantly. Who's not to like another? ...especially one in houndstooth plaid, just like the photo...okay, okay... the photo plus 40 pounds.  I gathered up my materials and started to ponder the benefits of cutting another rectangular pattern. Then after overdosing on multiple old "Project Runway" YouTube clips, I ran away with myself and draped the silly thing.


Honestly, who needs patterns? We can imagine for one afternoon that we are something we are not; skilled at this. Here's the first look at the draped skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment